Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Arthritis refers to the joint inflammation. Joint define as an area where the two bones meet along. Approximately, about 100 classification of arthritis are officially known.
Arthritis mainly involve along the breakage of cartilage. Usually, cartilage is responsible in protecting the joint and for smooth movement. Cartilage is also responsible in shock absorption when pressure takes place into the joint such as walking. Insufficient amount of cartilage causes the bone to rub each other, swell, become stiff, and painful to bear.
· Bacterial or virus infection
· Broken bones
· Autoimmune disease
· General wear and tear of joints
· Warmth felt around the joint
· Joint pain
· Skin redness occur on the surrounding joint
· Joint swelling
· Ability of moving the joint is reduce
· Exercise (endurance exercise, flexibility exercise, strength training)
· Water therapy
· Orthotics or splints for joint support
· Apply heat or ice
· Have plenty of sleep
· Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
· Apply capsaicin cream into the painful joints.
· Lose weight especially when overweight
· Eat foods those rich with omega-3 fatty acids
· Try to do stress reducing activities (yoga, tai chi, or meditation)
· Use over the medication that includes acetaminophen (Tylenol), ibuprofen, aspirin, or naproxen.
· Intake of prescribe medication such as biologics, corticosteroids, the disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs), and immune-suppressants.
· Joint replacement
· Arthroplasty for rebuilding the joints